Help identifying disease in an unhealthy baby guppy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bubbleguppy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Recently I had gotten a new guppy, he is fairly young and I have him housed with an older female guppy and two older mollies. Being of the same family I had not expected any aggression to occur as usually there isn't any between mollies and guppies. However an hour prior to receiving the guppy from a local pet store which treats their water very well, I had realized the guppy had popeye in one eye. After letting him accumulate to the water and put him in the tank he seemed fine and I treated him for 6 days with a medication called maracyn. Which recommends to treat for 5 days, however over the past week he has not seemed to heal and it has seemed to get worse as I have noticed a mask of white around his face, which if I suspected was a fungus , should have healed since Maracyn treats it. I am thinking of changing water today as I do weekly but I am concerned and do not know the further steps to take for the fish.

I'm not sure about the parameters of my tank, I am working on getting testing equipment soon. I've had the tank set up for a year now multiple inhabitants have lived and died in it and it has been cleaned countless times. He is housed with an older female guppy who is rougly a year old , and two mollies who are bigger but i have only gotten them recently. I am using an API superclean 10 internal filter. I usually clean my tank every week or so, I want to clean it today and i usually do a 50% water change . The fish had been accumulated to the water for 10 minutes before I unbagged him and put him in the tank. There has been no new decor added to the tank for a long time, just a skull decoration I have had for a long time. And the fish have been fed BettaMin, as I previously owned bettas. I am putting a picture of him on the thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom