Help identifying what this is on my end. bichir

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tai-Low

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I've had this now almost 4" endlicheri bichir for about 3 months now and about a month ago I saw this red dot on his/her tail. I didn't think much about until the dot suddenly got bigger. I then decided to ignorantly physically, but softly, remove it with a net. The very next day the dot grew back! A recent picture is provided below. I'm guessing its blood oozing out but I don't know.
He/She's currently housed in a temporary 30gal that's been set up for 3 1/2 months now. I change about 20-30% of the water every other week and am about to do another one tomorrow. I don't know the exact parameters of the water right now since I have yet to buy a universal test kit. The current filter for right now is an aqueon power filter 30 with 200gph. He/She has been housed with a leapord pleco, 5 female fancy guppies and 1 male fancy guppy (used to have another one but he got eaten by my bichir when I forgot to cage my bichir up at night). I usually feed my bichir hikari sinking carnivore pellets, hikari ocean plankton, and Sally's frozen bloodworms.

img_1176261_0_92662148c5ecef5c64606ea493da04a6.jpg

Try doing more water changes. I change 50% of my tanks water once a week. It might be some sort of an ulcer, which will have trouble healing without clean water.

Thanks. I'll keep with the water changes more frequently to see if it goes away.

Back
Top Bottom