Help, injured gourami!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SadSoyBeans

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi, so my gourami that I just added into my tank is injured. When i was doing a water change he swam up the siphon tube, i panicked and pulled it out the water. He fell back into the water in injured the base of his dorsal fin. Half of his fin is a dark grey, so i imagine that part of his fin is dead. I heard that if the base is injured the fin wont grow back.

My plan is to get him into a net, then put him into a small container of water that has clove oil in it. After he is sedated i will sterilize a pair of scissors and cut off all of the dead fin and thr part of the base that is injured. Then ill put him into a 5.5g hospital tank with an established sponge filter. Ill have some erythromycin on stand by.

If any part of my plan sounds bad please tell me.
1517773513844.jpg

I would leave him be in good clean water and only try your plan as a last option before death !
From the picture he doesn't look bad at all.
I see the difference where you got him but think that is not so bad it may not heal completely.. I would wait and see a day or two at least. If he starts looking bad then maybe your plan is ok?
I have tagged my fair share of fish before with the vac .

Okay thanks for calming me down. I was just worried because he was cut by it, like his fin wasnt cut but his skin was where the fin begins

Back
Top Bottom