Help, is this normal? Are my Rams ok?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Critterlvrok

Aquarium Advice Activist
When I turned on the lights this morning both of my Bolivian rams were very dark colored. I've never had rams before so I'm kind of worried. I was able to snap a quick pic of one before I had to go to work. When I got home they were both back to normal color. Is this normal? I'm worried. The first pic is the normal coloring, the second is how it looked this morning. I could not get a picture of the other but it had an even more drastic darkening.

Attachments

• image-2414802623.jpg
    image-2414802623.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 51
  • image-4205507896.jpg
    image-4205507896.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 46
Fish color tends to change while they are "sleeping." As long as the color returned to normal after they were awake, its totally fine. No worries. :)

Oh my gosh I feel so stupid. I have never had a fish so that before, well at least that I've noticed. Thank you all so much!

They also get darker when they're stressed out too. Not that yours is, just saying they use their colors to express more than other fish I've had. Oh and a "stupid" person wouldn't have asked. Other words no one is considered stupid for asking questions, that's how we learn ;-)

Back
Top Bottom