Help me!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kvan

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Today I had 2 fish die on me. One had looked ill for a while(fancy guppy) The other died instantaneously(Tiger Barb) mid swim. The thing just stopped ticking. with all fins up and no signs of illness or labored breathing.

Some of the other fish have been flashing. I had an Ich outbreak a few weeks ago and treated with API super Ich cure. I have not seen any white spots since. Could it still be ich? I'm reluctant to treat when I cant say for sure what it is:confused:. The guppy that died would not eat, stayed near the surface hovering vertically head facing up, however it did not flash at all. Am i dealing with multiple problems?

All water parameters are good. No Ammonia or nitrites. Nitrates under 20ppm.
I have recently added Seachem Flourish plant supplement if anyone knows of ill effects.

Last edited:
callamanus worms

After further observations in other fish I have discovered that they have callamanus worms. It is only clearly visible on the mollies and I hope it doesn't spread any further. Ive been reading up on this a little and apparently it can be pretty nasty and hard to rid of. Has anyone else had an experience with this and have any wisdom to share? I have since quarantined the 2 mollies hoping to find a way to treat.

Back
Top Bottom