Help me please - molly has white fuzz

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Liz1275

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
A there something wrong with my Molly to me it looks like she has white fuzz on her.

image-1227430067.jpg

Please help me

Is my Molly ok to me it looks like she has white fuzz on her

How are your water parameters (amm/nitrite/nitrate)? It does look like it may be a fungus.True fungal infections are an opportunistic disease that usually only affect fish that are stressed & immuno-suppresed(usually by their environment). If there are issues with water quality, they must be rectified in addition to treating with an antifungal med but im not 100% positive if its a fungus.

My water is fine and it looks like the fuzz is just on her fins I don't know if she's stressed or not I thought that he was pregnant but I haven't seen any babies and it's been about a month since I thought that

You can try 2 things here-you can try treating her with an antifungal med for a course of treatment and see what happens. If it clears up, then you know it was fungus. If it doesnt clear up or gets worse, then you are most likely dealing with columnaris which is a bacterial infection and antibiotics will be necessary. Which it is, im not 100% positive (im not a vet) but fungus & columnaris will eventually kill your fish. I would also dose with aquarium salt to lessen any fluid loss & increase her mucous coat.

Merged similar threads.

The threads have only been open an hour. Please give folks time to respond.

Is the "fluff" on it's tail fin? If so, isn't it fun rot? When you have fin rot, the ends get this white stuff on I'm sure. Could be wrong, I'm pretty new to this.

Yes it looks like its just on the fins I put melafix last night it treats bacterial infections I just hope it doesn't hurt the other fish in the tank

Back
Top Bottom