help!! mixing meds or not to mix?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

glasstapper

Aquarium Advice Freak
sick fish wich meds,,,

my first real problem in a year and a half,,,, seems as though my red humps have contracted some worm like thing that is protruding anally, little hairs as it were other fish were recently flashing,, no visable probs treat on recomendation for 5 days with clout. stopped the fish rubbing,, but 'worms' still present other recommendation was formaline and hex a mit in food paste,, i see warnings about mixing meds, need help S.T.F save the fish

mabe not sure how to post yet,, tried earlier couldn't find so,, yer not crazy if ya see the same question, treated 55 w clout to eradicate a flashing and rubbing prob i was having,, well , the fish not me lol, but i notice hairs or some type of parasite protruding from the anal cavity of both red humps, and now my t-bar- w/the flashing there were no visible signs on the bodies or gillplates, had noticed small white "worms" on the glass, but not the fish, barely visible, recommended was formalin quick cure and in the food, hex a mit, saw precautions about mixing wanted a few more ideas, tks

I have not run into this gross infection, but you want to make sure you know what you are treating. Since it seems that you are treating parasitic worms, make sure the meds cover that. Are you treating your whole display tank, or are you able to isolate the infected fish? I'm not sure if you can mix the formalin with the food med. I do not own either meds and if there is a warning on the medication itself, i would not mix it with another med. The *only* time I mix meds is if I am using an antiboditic and Melafix (to prevent secondary infection).
Hopefully someone with more med experience will be able to help out.
Also, please list your water parameters :wink:

in case of a full infection, id like to treat the whole 55 gal seems my t-bat may be showing it as well H2O params on the money, i will take that recommendation you have my great appreciation tks.

ease up spring is on its way to Canda
[/center]
:?: Spring was here last week; today it is snowing :roll:
FWIW--just trying to help others to help you by posting to keep on the same thread.

Back
Top Bottom