Help my discus fish are dieing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Xxokelly

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My discus fish are dieing I got them last Tuesday ! They were all out happy with in a day till Sunday they have been hiding almost looks like white spot or ich
My temp is at 83, ph is at 7.0 have done water changes twice a week ,oh and on saterday my husband got a pleco from the pet store .. Since then my cat fish has died and my other barb has died .. I currently can't run to the pet store for medication as I live out of town !!
What can I do !? My discus are all in the corner laying down 2 are a dark grey now . If they end up passing away I have 5 more coming beggining of March what can I do to prevent this again as I'm spending lots of money on my discus

The pleco just will swim around , I haven't seen him chasing them or anything like that! I'm trying to find the pleco a new home!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

How is your ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate?

+1
You added more fish so you might have had a mini cycle. If your tank was cycled at all. How long was it set up? How did you acclimate them? How are there total and how many were just added? There are a lot of variables and they are definitely an advanced fish

What size is the tank and what other fish

Please get a liquid water test kit if you don't already have one. Amazon sells the API master test kit pretty cheap. And report the results here. I so sorry for your poor fish. :(

Everything is good there !

I have a 90 g tank! Had it for 2 months

That might be why, your tank might not have matured enough and may have mini cycled.

Okay! Well I got some ich medication going to start treatment now ! Thanks everyone

we need to know levels, Discus need a 50% water change every other day minimum. To help them dont medicate if you dont know the problem. Water changes galore.

Yes I do water changes every other day !

What kind of water are you using? Reverse osmosis? Is the pH high? I know discus need lower pH.
We're just trying to help.

Are you 100% certain that Ich is present on the fish and that the others died from it? You may do more harm than good if you are not sure.

Are you dechlorinating the new water when you do your water changes?

Sorry for not getting here sooner. Busy night at the firehouse so I'll try to be quick. For starters, if you could fill this out first, it would be extremely helpful. http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f17/before-posting-about-unhealthy-fish-read-this-32451.html I will ask e mods to relocate this to the sick fish area which may get more response.

Now for what's already listed.
1 How did you acclimate them ?
(The Discus and the new fish)
2 Where did they (all) come from ?
3 It appears there was no QT.
4 They are grey and laying in a corner because they are stressed.
5 you absolutely NEED a liquid test kit.

For now, the only thing you can do is WC's and isolate them to another tank if possible.

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you !!

My ph is at 7.0 ! I got my discus from a breader , the changes started happening when I got the pleco

Back
Top Bottom