Help my fish has a blood red eye!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Boogety48

Aquarium Advice Freak
He definitely has ich. He's been in a tank that is being treated for ich with heat, air stones, and no light. He's been the sickest looking one out of the bunch so I've pulled him into his own QT after seeing his eye. He still has an eye its just all red with a black pupil, its not pushed out looking it still looks normal except for it being red. He did have some white stuff over it a couple days ago but it went away when the temp got raised in the tank. Its only happening to one eye. Sorry the pics are a little blurry it was the best we could get.

Water temp is 86.
amonia is .25
pH is a little under 7
Nitrite/Nitrate 0

Attachments

• P1230520.jpg
    P1230520.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 451
  • P1230519.jpg
    P1230519.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 313
I put him in his own QT and did pwc on my community tank thats still in QT and in the QT I put him in. I can't catch a break with my fish lately.

Its only on his eye though. He has gotten a little better though since he's been in his own tank. His eye isn't as red, but he's not eating still.

Well my little guy has gotten all better. I did water changes till the red eye went away and he started eating again. I put him back with his buddies since the other tank is getting the same treatment he was. Everyone seems to be ok so far.

I'm proud of myself. This is the first time I've had a sick fish and it pulled through. I know that sounds horrible but I don't have a lot of fish. I saved this little guy, a betta, and a tetra.

Back
Top Bottom