Help my male guppy has a large clear bump on his head!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
wel if it is a parasite the eggs/ parasite babies will easily get through the holes. hardly even worth putting it in the box imo. to qt, u need a whole separate tank.
its only for the health of the other fish:)

There isnt any holes it's literally just a plastic box that floats is the tank with it's own water and air. There isn't any water swapping from one another. He still looks the same I'm gonna try parasite Meds next. If it's tb is there a cure for that?

if u lift the box, does the water level of the box lower?
tb has a good cure in Kanamycin, which can also be used by humans, but it is best used in a mix with other treatments like what is reccomended in the link: Fish Tuberculosis x

Cool link, thanks for your help I really appreciate it. I'm really starting to think he's just deformed.

Really well that makes me feel better. So it's not terribly unusual for this to happen. I think the head bump may just be because the spine is kinked too.

possible. if theres no other syptoms and hasnt been for ages, maybe its safe. would it be worth a couple weeks med anyway?
cant remember the exact name but there is a label for spine deformities as it is quite common. i called my girl crip :)

Mines name is creamsicle, well if the parasite Meds don't work then I'm putting back with the others he looks depressed.

aww. i hope it isnt TB, its horrible. the infected tank at the lfs was very depressed looking and thus there were floaters. i hope ur creamsicle (cute name!) is ok x

I hope so to. I mean I know he's only a guppy but i get really sad when they die. How common is tb anyway?

Back
Top Bottom