HELP!!!!!!! my tank is in danger.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

leesanhua

Aquarium Advice Freak
yesterday, i found out my panda cory got sick. it has something like white cotton on its body. i put some bacteria treatment into a 29 gallon tank.

and now i just found out something like worm swimming all round my tank. no wonder all my fishes is not active as usual. including the mollies.

the "worms" look like this thin and long some of them short. it's in pink or invisible coloe. i tried to take some pictures of them so that i can post it here but they are too "invisible" for the camera to take it.

does anyone has any idea what is that? some of them (worms)claw over the glass and some swim freely in the tank. what is that?! i have my tank with my 2 yrs and i never see something like that. is that parasite?
please help asap! what should i do?

Sounds like nematodes or planaria.

Nematodes are simple worms. Some ARE dangerous to fish, but if they are in the substrate or the water column they're harmless. Its the ones you find ON fish (like anchor worms) that are a problem. Planaria aren't dangerous at all.

They usually show up when there is an abundance of nutrients in the tank. How often do you gravel vac? And what are the current water parameters?

Frequent cleanings of the tank help to reduce the populations of the worms; some fish also find em yummy (when I had em, my clown loaches thought they were delicious *shiver*).

i do gravel vac once a week. why the worms still occur in the tank?

another question, can i get one gallon instead of 10 gallon as a hospital tank? my cory is sick.

Back
Top Bottom