Help needed identifying sickness and with treatment.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ryguy76

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi,

I bought a german Balloon Ram 1.5 weeks ago, and the day he was introduced, he didn't seem very happy. Over the next few days he didn't begin to thrive and my son accidentally flipped the power bar switch while I was at work, making matters worse by cutting power to the heater. The tank dropped 5 degrees in 5 hours, and took a while to get back to temp. The following days, the ram got some white blotches on his tail fin and pectoral fin, and even worse was a big white "something" above the upper lip.

It got worse as it developed into a hardish appearing hornlike growth, then over night it was gone but left a white canker-like crater wound. I've treated the tank with QuickCure, as per the LFS recommendation, but today, I noticed a white fuzzy mass above the upper lip and now another rasbora has this white fuzzy mass by its pectoral fins and is not looking good.

A. What is it?
B. How do I treat it?

Here are pics:

8zics8.jpg

5n96vn.jpg

Tank size is only 6G, but my water parameters are good as far as ammo and nitrate is concerned.

most likely from the stress of the move and the power being off. i would put in stress coat to help reduce the stress, try to bring his immune system back up along with some anti fungi meds. keep the lights off if you can

Back
Top Bottom