Help needed - Worms from Mollies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

newstu14

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I downloaded pictures to my hard drive but the site will not let me send them. I have worms ejecting from what I assume are Mollies. Also, I think have been overfeeding the Mollies and Goldfish to compensate for the juveniles that have come about, and I have been doing so for about 5-6 months. I need to clean the tank, there is algae everywhere, and I am thinking the overfeeding and algae has led to the worms I have seen. I see the stringy ones coming from the fish (maybe it is just stool, i am inexperienced but it sticks around a while lol), the others are black, have a silver body, have a black head, and are not aquatic, they hang out primarily where i feed the fish, and sometimes i see them on the side of the tank. They move when i shine light on them.

Also, silver bodied fish half the size of mollies aggressively bumping against the mollies. They have a red tail half the size of their body length

Back
Top Bottom