Help! New platy with white-ish stringy poo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've quarantined 2 platys in a 16 gallon bucket with a heater and a powerhead for aeration. I'm still not 100% sure, but they might have ich. Are ich spots reflective? There are 2 spots one one fish, and a single spot on the orange fin, but they don't seem to be spreading...

I've also been feeding them metronidazole flakes and the package says to treat for six days, after that I plan on feeding them what I regularly feed all my fish: omega one veggie micro pellets and tetra color flakes, both were purchased late last month and haven't expired.

I also think the orange fin is pregnant, if she does have ich, would the fry be extra susceptible?

I don't know about all that but I will tell you do not combine the ick treatment with the metronidazole. Toxic to fish.

The "ich treatment" I'm using is kordon ich attack--the all natural herbal stuff that's safe for reef and invertebrates, so I imagine it's far more mild than rid ich or other stronger medications.

Back
Top Bottom