HELP NOW PLEASE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tropicfishman

Aquarium Advice Addict
ok I added the bala and now he has ick pretty bad, I need to treat my whole tank ut I have snails, will the ick treatment hurt the snails any?>

just up the temp of the tank to 86 degrees over the coarse of a day and leave it there for two weeks after all the ich is gone. snails will be fine. i would not medicate.

I would not use meds, but use the heat, get it to 88-89 slowly perhaps over 12 hours and keep it there until the last spot has gone, then keep the heat there for 2 weeks. Bwt, this should not be under general discussion, it should be under Unhealthy fish!

Bring the tank up to 88 degrees slowly, over 2 days. The snails will be fine. I currently am treating 2 tanks for ick and both tanks are 88-90 degrees, and the snails are just as active as when at normal temps. Just don't add salt, as they don't like salt very much. Also, do run an airstone at these temps.

Bring the tank up to 88 degrees slowly, over 2 days
Oh i was wrong not 12 hours 2 day's lol, i thought you could increase it by a C an hour. Oh sorry live and learn. :oops:

I have 11 mystery snails and have treated for ich 3 times (I'm in the middle of the 3rd course !). The snails are just fine with the higher temps, but they do seem to grow a little faster

imrandome1 said:
Oh i was wrong not 12 hours 2 day's lol, i thought you could increase it by a C an hour. Oh sorry live and learn. :oops:

You can, but it could be more stressful on the fish. I always recommend over 2-3 day period, I usually do it over 2 days myself.

imrandome1 wrote:
Quote:

Oh i was wrong not 12 hours 2 day's lol, i thought you could increase it by a C an hour. Oh sorry live and learn.

You can, but it could be more stressful on the fish. I always recommend over 2-3 day period, I usually do it over 2 days myself.

Arr, well from now on i will do it over 2 days, thanks lonewoldblue.

Back
Top Bottom