Help: Odd guppy swimming pattern

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

unknown_7

Aquarium Advice Freak
This morning i noticed my guppy is swimming on his side and i can't figure out why he is doing this. There are no other fish in the tank with him so I know that no one is stressing him. I nitrates, nitrites, ammonia and pH fine. I did a pwc yesterday, and I think I am going to another one today and tomorrow. I do seem to notice him going up to the surface only during the night and staying there, I thought he was gasping for air so i but a bubble thing there, so I don't think he is oxygen deprived. The only thing that I was suspecting was that maybe it could have been the temperature yesterday since it was a bit on the cool/ cold side but it didn't affect my betta at all, so I don't think it was that either, plus since this morning it definetly heated up a lot. Please help me. Thank you very much for your help.

hmm...how old is this guppy by the way? guppies dont live very long at all i dont think...somethin like 2 years or something...maybe hes just old?

Hmmm, I have had him for maybe 7 months now, but I don't think he is that old.

I do but it doesn't always work that well.

Update: He's now like starting to flip/spin in circles when he swims. What I don't understand is that now his colors have been a bright and spectacular as ever, but he is sick. What is going on?

To be honest, its very hard to tell. Could be a number of issues. If he is flipping and spinning, I would remove him into a QT tank, keep the lights off, and be patient. Hate to tell you, but he won't make it too much longer. :(

Back
Top Bottom