Help on angelfish please!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

grace130994

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
One of angelfish seems to have something coming out of its vent (i think it's called). It looks kind of like hair, I think it is from some of the live plants in the tank that it may have swallowed and has got stuck as it has tried to pass it. This is the only thing I can think that it may be. Does anyone know if I'm right and whether there's anything I can do to help my angelfish? I've been keeping an eye out since I noticed this and it obviously hasn't been able to pass any poops. Please if you can help it would be appreciated

Not sure if this helps or not but sometimes when my angels would overeat I used to see frozen blood worms come out of their gills... It freaked me put but always seemed to pass on its own... If it is a plant hopefully it will come out by itself.

Ok thank you very much, I'm just going to have to wait anyway so this does help :)

My other thought was if its not a plant it might be some sort of fungal infection, either way I hope he gets better! Keep us posted!

If he has something stuck maybe try giving him some peas to help push it out

Candiceg said:
If he has something stuck maybe try giving him some peas to help push it out

Good advice I second this. How is he doing?

I will try peas! It's still stuck there :/ he seemed to be fine but today he's just been hiding at the back of the tank not moving or anything

Back
Top Bottom