help pintail guppy fry over and over

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Matt68005

Aquarium Advice Addict
It has been going on for 4 months now. It seems they just pintail and die and only a few survive. I have a 30 gallon planted tank with 5 male an 5 female halfback red guppies. They are all big and healthy tank is cycled hardness 200 oh 7.6. Ammonia 0. Nitrite 0. Nitrate 20ish heated to 78 degrees. I feed them a variety flake crushed and brine shrimp. The fry just always pintail. I tried antibiotics kanamacyn and nitrofurazone. I tried parasite clear tabs and also quick cure. I have now moved the fry to a bare bottom ten with a heater and sponge. I dissolved 2 cups sea salt to make it slightly brackish and I dosed with malachiute green. Hoping it's a fungus and I will have cured this problem once and for all. If not it may just be genetic. It's no fun and costing me. Anyone have experience with this and no of a solution other than formalin?

did you get them all at once? if theyre from the same batch it could be from inbreeding

Its from the same 4 males anf 5 female red tuxeudo fancies ive had since feburary. I put the fry in the brackish sea salt tank at the rate of two cups per ten gallon and i dosed with malachite green 5ml. they seem to be getting better already. But its still too early. I am gonna dose my second dose today. I heard from a nice older lady thst loves guppies and raises beautiful gups in low tech tanks that it is a fungus. She seems to be right so far so good.....

Back
Top Bottom