Help please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Quim

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I need help. Yesterday I cleaned the sand in my 20g and did a water change after a 4 hour power outage in which 3 hours in I went and got a battery operated air pump. After the change I noticed 5 of my golden zebra danios were hanging at the top not moving and 1 was laying at the bottom rarely moving. The temp in my tank stayed around 75 during the power outage. Today I found the one at the bottom dead. I also noticed 3 pond snails that seemed dead before my water change so that and the power outage convinced me to do a water change and test everything. My perimeters are 7.6ph, 0 ammonia, 0 NO2, 20 NO3, 0 copper, 7 kh, 8 gh. I use API liquid test kit. I have a steady temp around 76. It's a 20g high with only 6 now 5 golden zebra danios that have been in there since I completed my fish less cycle 3 weeks ago. I have a Marimo moss ball and sand as a substrate. Please help. I was planning on adding my next group of fish since everything had been going well for 3 weeks. The dead fish looks normal, no white spots or anything that I could see.

I saw one of my danios swimming funny so I put him in QT. I noticed his fins are pretty raggedy. I looked at the other danios and two out of the four in the main tank has some raggedy fins also, but no other marks or difference in body. What is going on with my fish?

Back
Top Bottom