help please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bpro

Aquarium Advice Newbie
1 stingray 1 lungfish, 2 parrots, 2 albino oscar,2 flame oscar,2 pacus,shovelhead catfish,morey eel....i started with these fish. the stingray died first, dont know why, then my eel got a huge quarter size fuzzy on him overnight. 3 days later died after convolsions..it was horrible. parrots covered in white ich..i treated now for 3-4 days spots gone fish act ok,but now all of the fish have a black edge on all fins. especially the parrots....and oscars...they play and eat fine, but it gets more black every day...is tyhis normal..no fin rot occuring as of yet. looks normal just black.what is this...please email my addy at bpro@cyber-rights.net ........please help, i love my babies..

[center:55c9c9871a] :smilecolros: Welcome to AA, bpro! :n00b: [/center:55c9c9871a]

We like to keep answers in this forum, so all can benefit :D.

I will need some background (sorry if some of these Qs are repeats of what you stated, but this is AA's standard sick fish Qs, which can be found here and pasted below). The fish's environment plays a crucial role in health, so please be as exact as possible with your answers.

1~What type of fish is afflicted? In addition, please describe what is wrong with the fish to the beset of your ability (i.e. cotton like growth, bloated, etc.).
2~What are your tank parameters (ammonia, nitrites, nitrates, temp, pH)? Please give exact values.
3~ How large is the tank? How long has the tank been set up?
4~What type of filtration are you using? Please give the name and number (i.e. Fluval 304) and amount of gph if known.
5~How many fish are in the tank? What kinds of fish are they and what are there current sizes?
6~When is the last time you did a water change and vacuum the gravel? How often do you do this? How much water do you remove at a time?
7~How long have you had the fish? If the fish is new, how did you acclimate it/them?
8~Have you added anything new to the tank--decor, new dechlorinator, new substrate, etc.?

Back
Top Bottom