Help please! :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

irishdaisy

Aquarium Advice Activist
One of my guppies has ich. I took him out out him in a 3 gallon quarantine tank with a heater and a filter (uncycled). Now I need to treat the big tank because I see some of the babies are rubbing their bodies in gravel. And i see the little white dots all in the water. I don't know how it happened :( I think maybe from one plant or one pleco. How should I treat them. !? I'm going to the pet store now. I'm extremely upset. All my hard work. The babies might die. The plants might die. . :/ I have a 26 gallon tank. With 24 guppy babies . a million plants . three plecos and 1 adult guppy. I have aquaruim salt but I'm going to buy medicine now wich one should I get

Sounds like your doing everything right. Im not sure what nox ich is, but if it claims to destroy the parasite then your doing everything right.
There are many many ich medicines. Malachite Green, Paraguard, Acriflavin, coppersafe. Dosent matter which one you use, if its ick, it should kill it.

I think the main ingredient in nox ich is the malachite green. I did a three day treatment and now am waiting a few days then doing another 3 day treatment. One guppy has spots in it the rest seem fine. I'm not taking it out of the tank since that night stress it out and I'm treating the whole tank anyway

In the future, i would skip the meds and rreat rhe tank using onky heat. Cranking the temp to 86 and keeping it there for 2 weeks after thenlast sign of ich goes away is a good method for treatmeny.

Hi I just wanted to make an 'ich' update My fry, fish & plants are all okay! Ich seemed to be gone from the one guppy who had it on day2 of treatment. (Plecos never had it )Maybe they would have all been fine without the medicine,but I feel better knowing the whole tank has been treated. Also did extra partial water changes in all my tanks in case.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1429334663.893593.jpg

Back
Top Bottom