help please -- ick on Parrot cichlid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree...looks like it's just the fish showing it's colors and markings. I found some pics of fish resembling in color and/or markings as close to yours as I could find. Check them out.
imagesCA5UV1UB.jpg
imagesCA44Q7FK.jpg
imagesCAEB485B.jpg

thx for the advice on the situation everyone and the pics of fish with similar markings was very helpful :)

I used to have a juvenile blood parrot with the same exact markings..... this is natural. Eventually, you will observe this particular fish going through morphing from black to orange and back to black and then looking like a patchwork quilt. Good looking fish. ;)

Good :) I am glad it helped. The color of your fish was hard to match! Wonder if yours is a less seen shade? Pretty cool.

yeah i havent seen any other that same shade its kinda cool especially since it was the last one left lol. as far as temp in my tank its right around 82 right now and all the fish really seem to enoy it. should i leave it or slowly go back down to 80 where i had it before?

I was just reading online that some fishes marking get more noticable when then are going into fishy heat (for lack of a better way to put it.) Is that possible?

Back
Top Bottom