Help Please Sick Gourami!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UABsleeperSRNA

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys i'm new here I have a 10 gallon that has been set up for almost two months now. and finished cycling a couple of weeks ago.. i guess the stress of the cycling has taken its tole on my fish i had 2 dwarf gourami and 3 platies. The first platy got sick a couple about a week ago with ick and i didn't notice it until it was two late.. grad school studying.. so i went and got some salt and some pimafix and metafix.. didn't know those didn't treat ich the guy at the lfs told me it did.. and within the next day a gourami was dead.. it didn't have any white spots on it though?.. well i have continued to treat the tank for the last week with super ick cure by API for the past four days because my other gourami also has a single white spot on his tail.. Yesterday i noticed he was swimming the front of the tank and and had rubbed a red spot on around his nose area. I Changed the water.. 30% yesterday.. and added more of the super ick cure.. which directions say treat treat wait 48 hrs treat again and wait 48 hrs and then change water and add carbon to tank.. we gourami still has ick on his tail so i added another treatment..
-Tonight my gourami looks TERRIBLE.. His color has gotten darker his gills are clamped and he is just staying in the top corner of the tank behind the filter like the other did before he died.. i don't know what to do??? i was thinking it could be the extra dose i added yesterday so i did a 20% water change.. i lowered the water level to increase aeration.. and put carbon in the filter. to maybe pull the meds out.. But he dosen't look good i worked so hard to keep them all alive when i was cycling the tank and when it finally is done they all start DYING AHHH :bang head: CAN anyone maybe tell me what this is and what i can do?
P.S. my water parameters were decent Ammonia 0ppm, Ph7.6, Nitrates 60PPM (changed water and added prime)

Back
Top Bottom