Help please with sick molly and treatment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zagz

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a white lyretail molly that I noticed has got some of her scales sticking up on the top of her back, and there is a sort of goldish brown spot that looks like she is rotting from the inside out on her right side. She seems rather lethargic and sort of fuzzy where the scales are sticking out. I am thinking bacterial infection. What I need help with as well as identification of the sickness, is that I have 2 ADF's in this community 29 gal and I think I need to treat the whole tank just incase the other fish are at risk. What meds should I use and should I remove my ADF's to my 15 gal to protect them from the medication because they are so sensitive? My parameters are ammonia 0ppm, nitrites 0ppm, nitrates 30ppm, ph 7.4, temp 79 F. The only change recently is that 3 clown loaches were added a week ago. She is the only fish showing signs of illness. Thanks in advance. I can't get a pic right now as I am back at work.

After a bit of googling I am now suspecting fungus. I can't find a pic of fungus on a fish to compare though.

I am very sorry about your fish.

I have no idea about the frogs, but I hope someone will come along and answer your questions, since you have other fish in the tank and they may be at risk.

Back
Top Bottom