Help. Possible fin rot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sarah Guppy

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello. Just spotted a few White spots on the ends on my mollys fins. Is it fin rot? My tetras have the same too??? Can this b treated? The Molly is heavily pregnant. Will she b ok x

Could be the start of ick.. Also check you water parimeters.. Have you added any nee fish lately.. Might want to try aquarium salt followed by the instructions on the bottle, also i would raise my water temp to 86 degrees

Thanx ant am using aquarium salt every water change. Temp is 82 at the min. I will pop it up slowly. In the meantime is there any treatment I can give them

I used ich-x but it changes your water color to a blue color, also my brother used QuICK cure which worked faster than ich-x...

Are you sure it's ich? Fin rot is a symptom of columnaris, as well as just plain old fin rot.

Do the spots look like grains of salt?

Don't use meds until you can definitely diagnose the issue.

Actually ich dosent have to be in a grain of salt form.. This wasnt the case with me.. In most cases it will but not all the time.. Some will look like small white circles( blotches)

Lynda is right about not treating with ich meds yet.. I would continue to do the water changes with salt, then if it worsens or you see more white spots then i would start using the meds..

Yer they look like little grains of salt sat on the ends of her fins. Also has a lump on the end of her tail and her tail fin has I white edge

I don't see anything that looks like ich. The bumps might be some kind of tumor.

The best thing to do as a first plan of attack is keep that water as pristine as possible.

That's a really pretty fish.

If you see salt crystals and white foggy circle patches, you have a parasite problem.. (ick & protozoan) get
quICK cure!

I swear by quICK cure you will see results quickly.. Dont forget to keep treating for a few days even if it looks 100% better as a precautionary.. Hope all goes well for you

Im devastated to say that my beautiful Molly has died this morning. Her and my marble Molly. Defo was ich Im really upset about it. :-(

So sorry to hear!!! This happens with fish, have to accept as part of the hobby, hopefully you will continue to treat so in the near future you can get new fish!!

Back
Top Bottom