Help pregnant or unhealthy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mousefue

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a female cherry barb who has ballooned in size over the past week. We thought she was pregnant but couldn't spot any black dots near the back. She eating and is swimming fine In the tank. We've had her since beginning of January.
She has Tetra PRO Colour tropical fish flakes and hashed blood worms once.

Help ASAP plz

Water level:
High PH: 7.4
Ammonia: .25ppm
Nitrate: No2 :: 0ppm
Nitrate: No3 :: 0ppm

Tank is 90litres.
We've had the tank in full use sinceImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397671471.607477.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397671494.082069.jpg December.

Filter is Aqua Flow 200 x2

Mixture of fish. Including guppies, plecs and plattys. (About 20)

We did a full tank vacuum and ornament clean including 50% water change.

I would have said it was dropsy but if she is acting normal then it's not dropsy. I would keep doing what your doing and watch out for abnormal behaviour if you see any of that then I would be confident to say its dropsy . Otherwise I am sorry to say I do not know what it is.

Ok thank you for taking to time to reply
She is swimming normal wot can I treat her with tks

As far as I know there is no cure for dropsy like there is white spot and others. I have had 3 fish get dropsy and only 1 made it. I noticed that keeping stress levels down and a high water quality helps. That is all I know but there may be some others on the forum who may be able to tell you much more. Sorry I couldn't give you the answer you where looking for.

Tk u so much for ur time I will keep an eye on her

Back
Top Bottom