Help quick!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Km84

Aquarium Advice Freak
My green terror is on the bottom on his side and he can't swim right! I need to help him asap!

I'm out of all my stuff :( but when I last checked just two days ago they were fine. I just did a large water change and was checking everything often cause I woke up to a dead fish not to long ago!

Without knowing your water parameters, you should do a large water change. You could be experiencing a mini-cycle and have toxins in your tank.

Make sure to use properly conditioned temperature matched water.

I did do a large water change. And it doesn't matter now he died.

I did do a large water change two days before and the day I noticed. I also stated that i was out of my test stuff. I know people know a lot about symptoms of fish. Someone could have helped. Someone could have assumed the water was ok then gone off of the symptoms I have seen people give advise. Whenever I need help no one gives it. I have never had any luck on this forum!! :( I thank everyone for whatever help they thought they were giving.

If your fish died less that 24 hours after posting it was probably too late to save him. A fish on its side hardly swimming is not a symptom of anything in particular and could have been anything. Its common for all fish letting go to lay side up. These things happen and its probably not your fault and definitely not AAs community. How or where would they begin to offer advice on side up fish, it could of literally been anything.
Again i dare to make a statment for AAs members and speak for many when i say sorry we couldnt help your fishy friend this time around.

You know what happens when you assume? You need to be very specific in the information you give us to work with. It could have been a hundred different things.
Please understand we all want to help. I'm sorry you lost your fish, It's never easy losing one.
Questions:
How big is your tank?
How long has it been running?
Was it cycled properly?
Temp?
Do you use water conditioners? (dechlorinator)
Do you rinse your filters in tap water?
How long did you have the fish?
Did your other fish act the same before you lost it?
Pictures help immensely for future reference. I know It's frustrating when you don't get help immediately and again I'm sorry you lost your fish.

Back
Top Bottom