HELP Raphael catfish stuck!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LeoAngel24

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Help! One of my Raphael catfish got stuck in a pocket I wasn't aware of inside their log-cave decoration and can't get out! I was watching my fish and saw him wiggling and squirming and struggling so I focused on him to see if he was really stuck or just trying to get into the pocket. He's really stuck! He can't get out of it and I can't get him out of it! Also I'm afraid of hurting him. Please any ideas/advice or anything! I think the ridge/protrusion is what is making him stuck

!! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1448332066.606550.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Slide a credit card or something thin and rigid between anything that will grab it's surroundings and back him out. Or grab a lip.and pull him through

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Slide a credit card or something thin and rigid between anything that will grab it's surroundings and back him out. Or grab a lip.and pull him through

I tried gently grabbing and sliding him out but he's really stuck on that protrusion.

What's the deco composed of?

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1448333742.929503.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1448333752.381867.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1448333762.167885.jpg
Okay, I was able to get him out by gently pressing on his side-fins and letting him wiggle backwards into my hand, but he hurt his head on the protrusion he was stuck on. He waited in my hand until I slowly lowered him slightly into the water, then calmly swam down to the bottom and hid under a piece of drift wood. Now that he's safe, that fake log-cave is getting smashed.

Nice work! Just keep the water nice and clean, feed a little extra goodness and he should heal right up!

Back
Top Bottom