Help! Really worried.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I feed him Tetra Fin Goldfish flakes. I will be sure to wait 3 days to feed him. Hoping the oxygen helps him overnight. I know he's just a goldfish but I feel so badly watching him struggle!

Good luck!

NatureFish
????

Make sure the water outlet on your filter is above the water line this will splash the water on to the surface of the water. You need this surface movement it helps release carbon dioxide from the water. Helps oxygen levels. The more surface movement the better for oxygen levels. Good luck. You will eventually need at least a 20gallon tank long for one goldfish of this breed. But focus on getting him better as others say. Personally in time I would get a 40 gallon and get them in town. If you live in London. I have a 42gallon you could have. If you can get him better. You can have it for free.

Sent from my Kestrel using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thank you d1981ma - I live in NY but appreciate it :). As an update, it seems since I put the extra pump with the stone for oxygen, he is doing a bit better. I hope I didn't do permanent damage! Starting my water changes as soon as I can get to the store to buy a siphon and proper water test today!! Honestly, they should stop using goldfish as carnival prizes!!!!

Thank you d1981ma - I live in NY but appreciate it :). As an update, it seems since I put the extra pump with the stone for oxygen, he is doing a bit better. I hope I didn't do permanent damage! Starting my water changes as soon as I can get to the store to buy a siphon and proper water test today!! Honestly, they should stop using goldfish as carnival prizes!!!!

PETA and other organizations are trying to stop them from being carnival prizes since most of the time the unsuspecting parents don't realize how much work they really are. It's more work than having a dog!

NatureFish
????

Back
Top Bottom