Help! Sick African Clawed Frog

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

frogfan33

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have had African Clawed Frogs (regular, not dwarf) for about seven years. Recently one of my oldest frogs died after having a seizure. It had a lopsided stomach where one side was bulging out and the other side was very flat. I had separated this frog from the others to prevent them all from getting sick. Now one of my other frogs has developed this same stomach condition and I am worried that it may die as well. Does anyone know what causes this and how I can cure it? Thank you

Can you get a picture? What size tank do you have it in and what are the parameters of the tank? What do you feed them and is there some bloating aside from the stomach bulge?

It is a 10 gallon tank. No, there is no visible bloating other than the stomach.

I have never officially measured the water temperature but this morning when I adjusted one of the filters I noticed that it felt unusually chilly.

They don`t mind lower temps but there is a limit to how low they are comfortable in. I keep my frogs at about 70F.

Back
Top Bottom