HELP! Sick Blood Parrot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CCivic2

Aquarium Advice Newbie
1~What type of fish is afflicted? In addition, please describe what is wrong with the fish to the best of your ability (i.e. cotton like growth, bloated, etc.).

My 7" Blood Parrot started laying eggs as she has many times. I always keep a close eye and within a two how period this red "thing" with white cotton like stuff on the outside of it is now hanging out of her breeding tube. The tube was fully intact except being stretched out. The tube has now fully retracted but the "thing" is still there. She is fanning her eggs and eating a little bit and is semi-aggresive which is all normal. I have had parrots for years and have never seen this and hope that someone out there could help. I have more pics if necessary.

An update. It has been 3 days now and most of the white stuff is gone and a red lump is just hanging out of her breeding tube. It looks like it has come out a bit. She is still very territorial since she still has eggs visible. She is eating and swimming like nothing is wrong (I know that can change quickly tho).

2~What are your tank parameters (ammonia 0, nitrites 0, nitrates 20, temp 80.6, pH 7.4)? Please give exact values.

3~ How large is the tank? 90 Gallon
How long has the tank been set up? 8 Weeks. Moved 2 weeks ago
from another 90.
4~What type of filtration are you using? Wet/Dry 20Gal
Mag 9.5. 800gph
5~How many fish are in the tank? 1-7" Blood Parrot, 4-1" Mollies

6~When is the last time you did a water change and vacuum the gravel?
8 days ago right before I added Fish
How often do you do this? 2 weeks
How much water do you remove at a time? 25 Gallon
7~How long have you had the fish? 8 years
How did you acclimate it/them? Drip Method
8~Have you added anything new to the tank--decor, new dechlorinator, new substrate, etc.? NO
9~What kind of food have you been feeding your fish, have you changed their diet recently? I switch between Hikari Gold pellets and Omega One flakes and the occasional live feeders. She hasn't had the feeders in a month or so.

Attachments

• DSC03528.jpg
    DSC03528.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 93
  • DSC03540.jpg
    DSC03540.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 92
Back
Top Bottom