Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-12-2017, 02:03 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Help Sick Bronze Corydoras

Hello,

Please can anyone help, about 2 months ago I purchased a bronze corydoras catfish. All was fine until about 10 days ago when I noticed that his tail fin had started to 'rot' away. After a day or so things started to deteriorate and the whole tail has disappeared. I purchased some Myxazin and began treatment however it is now day 6 and she is worse and one eye has become very cloudy almost bulging. She is not eating and has very little energy. Once or twice a day she will swim for a 5 second period.

The tank is 110 litre (24 Gallon) tank and she is with 2 Angel Fish , 6 Cardinals, 5 Neons, 1 Peppered Corydoras and 2 Panda Corydoras.

Water quality Ammonia 0ppm, Nitrite 0ppm, Nitrate 40ppm, PH 8 , Temp 26 Deg C (79 Deg F)

I am quite new to fish keeping so other than continuing with water changes what do you suggest as I believe she is slowly dying.

Thanks

Old 08-12-2017, 03:02 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Most of your listed fish are fragile and if they are okay, you must be doing things right. Regarding the sick Cory cat, the swollen cloudy eye might be an indication of an intestinal bacteria infection. At this point there is likely no return for that one. Every fish keeper experiences the mysterious fish death from time to time. There is no telling what the noted Cory cat was exposed to at your LFS. Might be better to put that one out of his misery, do a thorough gravel vac, and replace the Cory with one or two more. Good luck.

Tags
cory, corydora, corydoras, ick, sick

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com