help stressed kibs i think

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aussie84

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hey came home tonight and my female krib has disappeared which i read could mean she is laying eggs but i have been told that the tank is to small for this to happen also the male krib is gulping quite a lot the funny thing is that i did a 50 percent water change last night.

i dont have a full test kit yet to test ammonia but the nitrate is at 0 but i have a nitrate of 20 ppm is this bad should i do another water change tonight to help it to drop to 0.

there is 2 small clown loaches that are in there temporary a kuhli loach and a small algae eater think it is a catfish small black and white spots

What size tank is this?

Did you add your dechlorinator to your new water last night?

Your nitrates are okay if <20.

Can you post a full pic of your tank and a pic of the algae eater. Going forward, you might want to research species prior to putting them into a tank.

When are you upgrading?

I did use a dechlorinator in the water when I did my water change I will get a pic up as soon as I can for u

Maybe temperature shock? If you use an outdoor hose to refill the tank, be careful of that temp. I fill just a half gallon at a time to make sure the temp is okay before I pour. Also, maybe take off the hood so you can release the water from the pitcher or container, instead of pouring it straight on the fish, if that is what you are doing.

Back
Top Bottom