Help! Tank problems and no answers.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reecesp

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi guys, a few months ago I got myself a little 5G tank for my bedroom, let it cycle had the water tested religiously and started adding guppies. Wanted males and females and 2 months after setting the tank up I had 6 in total. (2M 4F)

All was going well until one night a Male jumped from the tank, I'd left the lid off slightly and he cleared a gap no bigger than himself and landed on the floor.

2 days later he sadly died. Sad but I wasn't suprised after that tumble, but he hadn't shown any signs of injury or stress.

2 days later I came home from work to find one of the females had died.

The next day the other male and another female died. I thought it may be some kind of parasite but there were no signs of ICH or anything else common.

In this time a fry had reached about a month old and there were now three females in my tank and one of them began giving birth, I saved most of these and put them in another tank to give to my nephew.

After a day or so I noticed that the juvenile female was having swim bladder problems and floating and banging into things such as the filter and plants, I decided to more her to a smaller tank where after a few hours she died.

Two days after this one of the females started doing the same and within a day she died.

The next day my final female went the same way.

After this I have the tank a deep clean and put the fry into this tank.

This tank has been running fine for about three weeks until yesterday when the fry have started to die the same way as the adults before them.

Help!!

FYI: all through this water parameters stayed the same and normal/acceptable. Even used my LFS kit incase mine was faulty!

you shouldnt have moved the first female the swim bladder could have happened because she was stressed? and when you moved her stressed her more do you have good oxygen levels? 6 guppies is slightly more over your max fish and then you had the fry possibly the fish thought they could breathe air if there wasnt enough oxygen in the tank giving swim bladder disease also, possibly the first male actually couldve been stressed just no signs and it most likely had internal damage probably his organs

Back
Top Bottom