Help! There are little white worms in my tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KFav93

Aquarium Advice Freak
There are little white worms attached to my snail and I saw some floating. I vacuumed the gravel. I plan on doing a water change in the morning. But should I be concerned?

Check a couple things and do a search of Anchor worm, Gill flukes, Planaria,- Hydra ?

Anything like this???
Snails and Slugs (Gastropoda)

Goat dewormer medication is Fenbendazole called Safe-Guard. Some use the tablets for dogs, but the liquid is easy to use and measure and it is soluable easily mixed with the water which to me is comforting that it is more accurate for dosage and you know what you dose is the amount the tank is treated with.

I had an old thread about it for dosing if you need it.

Can you describe them? I had these reeeally tiny white worms flying around my tank and on the glass. A couple water changes and a slight increase in temperature made them go away, haven't seen them in months now. I'm guessing I had them because of overfeeding so if you have the same critters be careful with your feeding.

I had what i was told were glass worms in my sand substrate and the same fix as guppygourami used fixed em.

They were plae, maybe a 1/4" and thin as a hair and wriggly.

They are really tiny white worms. They attach to the fish sometimes but they come right off. I read it could be from overfeeding? I only feed them enough pellets for each fish then like 2 extra.

They are really tiny white worms. They attach to the fish sometimes but they come right off. I read it could be from overfeeding? I only feed them enough pellets for each fish then like 2 extra.
Also, when I do a water change they like float all over the place because they get stirred up. I read they're only dangerous to eggs and I have 5 platys so I'm scared if one of them lays eggs that won't be good. How can I treat this?

Sounds like its time for a thorough substrate vacuuming and a fish fast for a day or two.

Whats yer stock?

I just vacuumed today. I have 5 platys 4 zebra danios a catfish and a zebra snail

Yes they are. That's why I want to get rid of these worms

Look up Planaria. That is what this sounds like

Here is a AA Article about it.
Guide to Planaria and Hydra Elimination - Aquarium Advice
Okay, I feel like an idiot, but I'm a rookie at this so spare me lol. Well I seen one floating around and I scooped it up in my net, and when I took it out is was brown. So I panicked over nothing because I realize now that it is feces. It looks white/pale tan in the tank then outside of the tank it's brown. Thank you though for all your help!

Haha i felt the same when i firs got shrimp.
"Where did all these food pellets come from" hahaha

Back
Top Bottom