HELP!!! Trouble with new 55 gal inhabitants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ortiz

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm new to this aquarium world,I have a 55 gal.tank I had an angel fish and some other tropical fish I also have a columbian shark,I treated this perticular fish for itc but now its peeling and the other fish had died what am I doing wrong?I changed the water this week as I do every week bit I only have 3 fish left including the columbian shark.please help

also what are the water perameters? how old/new is the tank? DETAILS DETAILS??!! ;-)

Well I bough it from my friend like a month ago,and herbal ich treatment and I bought it at petco.I did what the guy at the store told me to do but ever since all of my fish died,exept the columbian shark and the dalmation looking fish but the shark is peeling after I did the treatment,I also checked the temp.in the water and is 75° is that ok?oh and when I do the water change I only add conditioning salt

I'm not familiar with conditioning salt. Also, 90% of LFS (local fish store) employees don't know squat about fish except for what they read, and that's minimal, meaning they have no real experience. And as far as I know, petco is of the worst. also I have yet to meet a fish wise LFS employee.
I'm sorry I don't know much of the peeling. maybe you used to much treatment, maybe it just wasn't good to begin with. But IMHO you should've done a progressive salt treatment for your ick problems, or uped the temp to 86degrees, or both cause that's a tried true methods to get rod of ick.
in the salt treatment , you add a teaspoon of salt per 5-10 gallons of water. Do a 50% water Change mixing in the salt with new water. And repeat in a few days. When it comes to salt I've only hears of aquarium salt and Morton's all natural sea salt being used.
do they still have ich?
did you cycle the tank?
do you know what cycling is?( don't be upset if you don't because I didn't till a couple weeks ago, and LFS employees never told me anything about cycling either)
I think that's about it.

Back
Top Bottom