Help trying to save fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah I started out with some cheaper fish to make sure I could do it. I actually got mine for $18 each when they were young. Discuss were the money. But I have never lost a fish to that point so I went for it. Then I goofed up this RO setup and hope to recover and get used yo great consistent number s so I can upgrade tanks. I’m hoping for a once a week water change if I can keep the numbers steady.

Yeah I started out with some cheaper fish to make sure I could do it. I actually got mine for $18 each when they were young. Discuss were the money. But I have never lost a fish to that point so I went for it. Then I goofed up this RO setup and hope to recover and get used yo great consistent number s so I can upgrade tanks. I’m hoping for a once a week water change if I can keep the numbers steady.
You got lucky on the price of the Denison for sure, just think you have 5 more to go (once you get the 125 gallon) [emoji23], hope you can find that deal again, I had 6 clown loaches at one time, they were amazing fish, amazing personalities, but I lost them to ich because someone said it was okay to use rid ich plus and it's definitely not, The med's killed all 6 not the ich

Potluck is right, don't overstock a discus tank with other fish. Primarily because it's easier to keep the water pristine for the discus. Not to say you can't manage it though. Depends on how much work you like to do.

Your TDS is to high for discus. You shouldn't be over 400 ppm with them. TDS does play a bigger role than most think when it comes to fish health. If it will hurt human health you can almost gaurantee it will hurt aquatic health.

I am down to 1015 TDS and nitrate is down a bit each day. I’m working on it as we speak.

Keep up your water changes daily until you bring it down. Don't add anything besides water conditioner

Keep up your water changes daily until you bring it down. Don't add anything besides water conditioner

That’s exactly what I am doing.
Every other I am checking water parameters to make sure Nothing is going haywire.

What a great improvement in numbers and fish movement. Excited it’s getting closer to being correct. All fish acting and looking healthy so hopefully no death.

Attachments

• 7CBF3F81-6BF3-4C27-BC62-26425A2ECAA2.jpg
    7CBF3F81-6BF3-4C27-BC62-26425A2ECAA2.jpg
    258.6 KB · Views: 27
Awesome man. Keep it up.

Thanks for you and potroasts help. I feel 100x better about how it all works and what everything does. Most groups just smash on newbies so it’s impossible to learn. But people like you guys spend a lot of time helping strangers and now I can start to enjoy my tank instead of stress out.

As of tonight it is down to 933.
At this rate 4 more days it should be 400 or less. Nitrate is way down and GH is about 50.
Nitrate is 25.

As of tonight it is down to 933.
At this rate 4 more days it should be 400 or less. Nitrate is way down and GH is about 50.
Nitrate is 25.
Gotta get the gh to around 6-15, it's okay for it to be a bit higher, there's a lot of discussion on what is to high of gh but I guess that depends of what makes up the gh, I know someone who has a gh of 19 but still doses equilibrium to increase due to his tap Water doesn't contain much K, MG, CA, FE, I wouldn't go by tds I would go by GH/KH, but testing that right now would take 3 kits to do it as there's only so many drops in the test.

Just remember for every 15-20 tds is roughly 1 gh.

You called me potroast [emoji23][emoji23]

I would focus on getting that TDS down then dose Seachem Equilibrium. Get GH around 10.

@potroast.....I saw that. Lol

I would focus on getting that TDS down then dose Seachem Equilibrium. Get GH around 10.

@potroast.....I saw that. Lol
I was like yaassss I'm edible [emoji23][emoji23], I took no offense it make me laugh lol, yes what I was saying is to test gh at his levels would cost a bunch of money as it would take one bottle of solution per test, 10 is a good number for gh, but kh is also really important so pH doesn't drop so the op needs to switch up for reminerialization to something different than equibrium in my personal opinion.

Gotta get the gh to around 6-15, it's okay for it to be a bit higher, there's a lot of discussion on what is to high of gh but I guess that depends of what makes up the gh, I know someone who has a gh of 19 but still doses equilibrium to increase due to his tap Water doesn't contain much K, MG, CA, FE, I wouldn't go by tds I would go by GH/KH, but testing that right now would take 3 kits to do it as there's only so many drops in the test.

Just remember for every 15-20 tds is roughly 1 gh.

You called me potroast [emoji23][emoji23]

Sorry about the pot roast potluck thing haha. Guess autospell got me again.

As of tonight my TDS is 613. Looks like by Wednesday I should be where I want to be and then I can fine tune a couple other perimeters and then maintain it this way.

Back
Top Bottom