HELP!!! very unhappy fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dp_goldie_123

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Last week I went out and I spotted a beautiful female Beta I had to take her home to put in my tank with my tetras, sword tail, guppies and black moores and.......... My other Female Beta (she is a very quiet fish) - and unfortunately the two females DO NOT like each other AT ALL they fight and then hide and fight and hide I dont know what to do they are very unhappy but I cant part with either of them but i want to resolve them what do I do? I feel so heplless :ermm:

PLEASE HELP ME :(

Welcome to AA!

Is this in the tank specified in your profile? If so, it is because the tank is seriously overstocked. The goldfish alone need a 30 gallon tank and they do not do well in a warm water community. Is a good reason to get a new, much larger, tank though. Yay!

Just as you cannot keep male bettas in the same tank, you cannot keep females in the same tank. Female sororities can be done successfully, but you need a lot more females, in a species only tank, and it's rare that it works. It worked for me because I had the experience, but I still wouldn't recommend it.

You need to return the new female.

You also have a poorly stocked tank. You shouldn't keep tropicals (warm water fish) in with goldfish (cool water fish). I suggest you research each species to see what the temperature range is.

What size tank and what's in it? I can't see the aquarium info.

:( I thought so I really didnt want to have to take her back.
I have searched all the fish recommended temperature Black moores can be in warmer water than other goldfish the tank is at 23'C all my fish are either 20-26 degress so I thought it was fine for the black moores i have had them for a while and they are fine so far. do you really think I should take them out?

23c is @73f- which is fine for the moors but not the other fish which are tropical. How many moors are there? Fancies need 20g for the first fish, an additional 10g for each fish after minimum plus filtration that is 10x the tank size.

only two and I dont know how much a gallon is can you convert to Littres for me?

2 moors would need a 30g tank with 300gph filtration- its approximately 115litres/1150 litres per hour filtration

The two moors need at least a 30g with no other fish. The tropicals really need their own home with a heater because they have different needs for temp & diet.

Back
Top Bottom