help with a sick platy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shammond15731

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello everyone! I have a female platy that I have had for about a week and this evening I noticed her left eye looks like it has a cloudy bubble covering it and it looks like she has a small white bump or roughed up scales on her right side in the rib area, and the left gill seems to be pushed out compared to the right side. I don't know if she is injured or sick since she was fine yesterday. Does anyone have an idea what could be wrong with my little pumpkin? I took her out of my large tank and have her in a small tank alone just in case she is sick but don't know what to treat her with if she is. Help!?!? Please!?!?

She is also now hiding under a structure sitting on the bottom of the tank but earlier today and for the last couple days she had been staying near the top of the water does this indicate anything? I really want to know what to do for her if someone could guide me in the right direction!! :s

Has your tank gone through the nitrogen cycle?
Is her eye popped out at all?
Can you get any pics?

Just so you're aware, she has asked this question again in another thread in this section "Still seeking help for my little platy girl!!!"

it sounds like "Popeye" to me, I'm pretty sure there is no treatment or cure for the problem. sorry I can't be of more help.

Pete

Back
Top Bottom