Help with cory

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

starlight682

Aquarium Advice Regular
One of my cory's seems to have developed red at the base of his tail fin, just wondering what it is and how to fix the problem

water is ammonia: 0 Nitrites: 0 Nitrates: 10 ph hovers around 8.0 with tanis from driftwood in the water
this is a fully planted tank with a sand bottom
i'm just not sure what it is, he's eating fine i did see him flashing on the sand once or twice over the last couple of days

Attachments

• fishissue 012.jpg
    fishissue 012.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 75
no the nitrates are 10
and the ph is at 8

i just can't figure out what it is, i've been looking at different things from what i can find it's either a fungus or a bacteria just not sure hoping someone else has seen this so i can know for sure and treat it, i feel so bad for the little guy :(

I couldn't say for sure but maybe try an antibiotic, do you have a decent local fish store( one with good employees) if you do you should ask them they would know

thanks katherine i have fungus meds and antibiotic just need to figure out if it gram positive bacteria or gram - so i can treat

no one has seen this before ????

Just to update this i ended up treating with both antibiotic and it worked 3yrs later and my babies are all still healthy with no other problems :)

What a nice update: glad to hear your fish are still thriving several years later!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom