help with pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fry

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, hope you can help me with my pleco :) I have answered the questions in the sticky, let me know if I missed anything!

1. I've got a common pleco with white discoloration that does not look fuzzy, and now an actual tear/hole; mostly on his face but looks like it's spreading to his body and he has what looks like a scrape along his side but I think it's just setting up to be more white stuff. It looks almost bubbly up close.

2. Tank temp is 78. Ammonia/Nitrite are 0, Nitrate is 20ppm.

3. Tank is 75 gallons and has been set up for a year and a half.

4. Tank is filtered by a Fluval 406 canister, and a Fluval 306 canister.

5. Tank contains the pleco in question, and some tiger barbs, rosy barbs, green tiger barbs total 11. Also have 5 nerite snails.

6. Last change was yesterday. Typically I do wed/saturday changes of 6 5-gallon buckets and I alternate which side I gravel vac.

7. Have had the pleco for 6 years now.

8. Have not added anything new to the tank decor-wise, or plants, or new fish.

9. The pleco typically gets wafers every night, and fresh veg (or fruit, once in awhile a shrimp) every 2nd or 3rd night. Have not been feeding fresh food because he hasn't been eating but I do drop wafers every night. I am not sure if he's eating them though. They are gone in the morning but my other fish look really fat.

Started this on Nov 4 treating for columnaris because of advice I got on another forum. Here is a comparison pic of treatment beginning, and as of the other day. The 2nd pic is from last night when I noticed a hole in his face :( I started treating in a hospital tank with Furan 2 and Kanaplex with daily dips in Methylene Blue. Then I thought he was wayyy too stressed in the hospital tank (freaking out and swimming fast and banging all over the place) so I put him back in the display tank and started treating him with 30 min baths of a higher concentration of the blue stuff and double dose of the antibiotics. And he's still not getting better. He's not eating, he's not in his usual hideout, and he constantly tries to get out. He actually did get out last night while I was preparing his bath. He appears to have trouble sucking onto the walls.

1237558_10152806901600569_8517582108066257747_n.jpg

1743687_10152806900040569_8852867992852805423_n.jpg

I don't know anything on the subject. But I am concerned. I know this was a while back, so any update?

Sent from my LG-US730 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom