Help with sick Guppy!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ahh okay. Thank you for explaining now I won't be so lost.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Poor guppy died today :(

sorry... sadly it happens... when you shop in the future i would suggest researching a little on the fish you want and make sure its comparable w/ what you have.. also when getting guppies, ask for a male or female. learn the difference, as someone said earlier in the post you want 3 females to 1 male. thats assuming you dont mind baby fry, if you dont want be very sure that your getting all the same sex... i was told the opposite ratio and my female was ready to have her fry and lost them due to stress, the males would not leave her alone, chased the poor girl for almost 3 days... i was super sad.. my little girl and i were so excited about the babies... good luck ..

I suggest when getting male guppies, get them three at a time, so they don't stress out from so many in the bags at once.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I did research online before I bought them. There is SOOO much conflicting information out there! I read about the male/female ratio, but also read (even here!; as well as guppies.com - figured they would know, right? lol) that many people have all males without any problems. I definitely did not want babies so that's why we decided in the 4 males.

Thanks to everyone who tried to help. I appreciate it.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Agree, there's allot of conflicting info, I was trying to find out something for myself and don't you know it was 50/50 yes & no.

Back
Top Bottom