Help with tigershovelnose

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Madmike10000

Aquarium Advice Activist
i have a 7 inch tiger shovel nose and recently he has a little bubble forming under his mouth. i noticed it last night and it wasn't there 3 days ago. all the specs in the tank are great. no ammonia. no nitrate or nitrite. ph is around 7.4. i have a 140gallon aquarium. no plants. its very clear. wondering what is causing this? i intruded a talopia yesterday so maybe that? any help would be great. he acts normal. eats normal

Attachments

• IMG_20141228_143152.jpg
    IMG_20141228_143152.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_20141228_143143.jpg
    IMG_20141228_143143.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 69
Is he bloating, because there are many cases of bad tilapia that will cause bloating and potentially bubbling?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

This is usually in bichirs tho

no no bloating. i have no idea what this could be. the bubble got a tiny bit bigger too

Idk what to tell you but maybe try to turn up heat a bit to kill/speed up disease/parasite. Also add aquarium salt cause it will make the fish feel better.

Water changes will help too, it could be that the nutrients in the water are low, and need replenishing

it hasn't gotten any bigger and it looks deflated so to speak so i think its getting better. he does have a bigger than normal appetite. but with these fish i guess thats normal. thanks for your help

Back
Top Bottom