Hiding, heavy breathing clown loach?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

k.jonesy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 60L tank with 3 clown loaches and 1 dwarf gourami (I am currently cycling a 150L for them) All of my water parameters are fine and i have high water surface movement from airstones and tank is nice and clean but for some strange reason i keep losing clown loaches and ONLY clown loaches. They just start hiding and never come out and have rapid gill movement and then within 1-2 days their gone :( Could ammolock, salt or melafix do this? i have used these previously? I now have carbon in the tank just in case this was the case. any ideas what this mysterious death sentence could be?

Check the temperature as well. Clown Loaches like it warmer than most fish (mid 80s is best) and what about water hardness? They like softer water as well. Water movement? Should be high water movement not just bubbles. Maybe the circulation at the bottom of the tank is too poor for them?

Hope this helps

Yes, scaleless fish are more sensitive to salt
The 200 liter tank is roughly 48 gallons, which Is not enough for them, they need a 680 liter tank minimum

Yeah I will definitly be getting them a larger tank once they grow a bit :) hmm I reckon I should cut on the salt then. Didn't realize they were that sensitive to it :/

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yea I would cut it out
Also, I would make the 600l upgrade in at max 6 months, they can have the risk of being stunted

Back
Top Bottom