higest safe temp (ick)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mus

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi its soounds like a fish of mine has ick, either would like to know anyway, what is the highest temperture i can to defeat ick but for the fish to be ok with it?

I have ordered medication aswell but would like to gain knowlege about the safe highest temp, also i dont like using medication because im never sure if it really is the problem + scared that it will harm my fish or my good bacteria.

Thanks

make sure you do pwc and gravel vacs to get the cysts of the ich you can use aquarium salt as a treatment it helps idk on dosage of it though

Sent from my Vortex using Aquarium

ah just a random question im battling ich ( agian) and im useing pure heat method workked once so ot should work agian there's no white spots for the past 2 days so im gonna keep the heat ul for another 3-4 and lowere it back to 80

Heat alone isn't an effective solution for curing ich. All it does is get the ich to its most vulnerable point, which is where you step in with salt and/or chemicals. This is why your ich returned. The process was sped up, and then it just started all over again, causing more ich.

Homedog98 said:
Heat alone isn't an effective solution for curing ich. All it does is get the ich to its most vulnerable point, which is where you step in with salt and/or chemicals. This is why your ich returned. The process was sped up, and then it just started all over again, causing more ich.

it was gone for a a month mabye two i thought it was gone im going to lfs tmrw wats cheaper meds or salt i also have plants in my tank

I like ich attack, it's natural so it can be used with plants. But ya, that's generally how long the cycle tends to take before starting over, 4-5 weeks.

xxwolfpackof1xx said:
i feel really stupid should i go salt my lfs has api salt 33oz for 3 bucks

It's ok, we all mess up! That's what this sight is for! I would get the salt and the ich attack, try the salt first and see if it helps, add the salt every other day. For ich attack, use everyday... Just follow the directions on the back. Constant gravel vacs (but not all at once so as not to kill good bacteria) and pristine water is key.

idk if my lfs has ich attack ik they have marcylin two or something but iknow for a fact they have that and salt ich attack im not so sure

Nonononono. Marcalyn and Marcalyn 2 are for treating popeye, and aren't really used for ich. The aquarium salt mainly helps keep the water clean, and help kill the stuff. The ich attack is the only one I've used, but both methods have worked.

they have rid ich onliine idk about instore near me but ik they have salt will that workk??

Salt will work, and rid ich and ich attack are good too, most stores have ich attack, and that's the one that's natural and is safe with plants. I don't know much about rid ich, but I know that aquarium salt works.

@homedog i made a thread about treating ich with salt and im nt sure what to do can you help a bit please

Back
Top Bottom