Hole in fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ADCISCO

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a question. My kissing fish has a spot right in of her gill that looks like something look a bite out of her. It is pretty good size. I just noticed it yesterday. There are no bigger fish in the tank. What could have happened. Does she have some kind of parasite or something. I hope someone has the answer my sister in law gave her to me and she is 2 yrs old and I sure dont want her to die on me. My gold dust mollies are suffering from something too. There fins look shredded and I have already lost one and about to loose another one. Water paramiters are perfect. HELP!!!!! :cry:

Can I do that with the filters in and with the other fish??? My qtank hasnt cycled yet and I have my danio in there. Or should I take them out and put her in there and medicate it with out the filter?

An also is this contagious???? Is there any prcautions I should take pertaining to my other fish?

If it is a bacterial thing and not aggression than you can treat the whole tank but I hate medicating healthy fish and your good bacteria can be affected. As far as contagious depends on the bacteria. usually bacteria is always present and only affects already weak fish, maybe stress, maybe an open wound from a fight or rock etc..

Take out your carbon before medicating and when you put carbon back in to get rid of extra medication make sure to use only fresh carbon. Used carbon can end up releasing toxins back into the water.

A lot of meds will end up killing the good bacteria in your filter so make sure to follow directions exactly and do the water changes they suggest.

I would treat the whole tank at this point because the other fish might have the infection as well and are just not showing it yet.

Back
Top Bottom