Hole-in-the-head disease

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just wanted to make an update with a picture:

Rajah (as my daughter calls him - looks like a Tiger and the Dinsey Aladin is her favorite movie) is doing perfect. He survived the tank cycle as well as the disease. My new "secret" name for him is "One Eyed Willy". HAHAHAHAHA. :mrgreen:

His eye is obviously gone and his head is sunken in, but it's healed over. As I mentioned, he is not disoriented in the least bit, swims fine, but seems conscientious about showing that side of himself, but he is better now about it.

On Saturday night, he got a new friend. My wife (who used to be 100% AGAINST fish and aquria, remember) came home with a 2" red/orange fantail or oranda (can't make it out yet). He's a bit smaller than Rajah, but close to the same size. They chase each other around in a friendly way and seem to "explore" things together. The one thing I've noticed is that they both like to swim in between my anacharis; a task Rajah NEVER did on his own.

I think he's finally happy!!!! :lol: I couldn't have done it without the support you guys gave me!

Here's Raja a.k.a. One Eyed Willy:

***EDIT***
Oh yeah, he seems to have a pink tint to his white body. I'm sure it's just the tank light, but it's BEAUTIFUL when looking at it in person. Gives off a little "bling-bling" effect. The other fish also has the same type of glint in the light so I'm not worried about it. I added this bit because I didn't want anyone to freak about the pink body. lol
oew.JPG

Im glad to hear he pulled through! youll have to update us as to wether or not he likes the new light! congrats in both departments!!!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Wow! I just read the whole post and I am soooo happy he pulled through! And my congrats to you on making it happen. Your wife seems to be coming around to the whole thing, a big plus for you! :p

Back
Top Bottom