HOLE ON SIDE OF ZEBRA!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MiamiFishy

Aquarium Advice Activist
8O Hello everyone, I need your expert advice once more!
I notice yesterday that my Zebra Danio "One Eye Lucky" had a big hole on his right side, almost mid section. What could it be? and what course of treatment do you recommend?????

I treated him before when he developed a reddish strips-like affection on the same side,like if a claw had hit him, it seem to be from the inside out. No scale lost was notice, yet all the blue coloration was gone from that affected spot; also is the same side from where he is missing the eye. (He came like that from the pet shop, and survived to a big almost 2 in long dude).
I have removed him once more to the quarantine tank, and am planning on treating him with Mardel Maracyn II, and some MelaFix close to as the package indicated since my sick tank is a 2 gal as I did before.

The first time, as this time, am sure the occurences happened because of bad water qualities. My tank got over run with snails and went thru a total scrub down. Now Im having trouble cycling it, since my poor fish have to live in there I'm really trying to keep it close to parameter and temp stable.

Temp: 78 F
pH. 6.8
ammonia .25-.50 ppm ( Im keeping PWC of 60% to keep it at .25 or lower if possible.)
alkalinity: moderate
Hardness: Hard
Nitrate & Nitrite: 0.0
The water is cloudy and with a green glow to it, plus it has this old socks smell... I am keeping the 60% water changes for now. Tank size is 10 gal.

If anyone has encountered this illness before, please give me advice on what course to take, I dont want to loose my buddy.
Ill be setting a new 29 gal tank this weekend so when the cycle is finish my new buddies will have a real nice and CLEAN home! :D

03-10-06 2:40PM PLLLEASE HELP

Sorry to be persistent guys, but has anyone encountered this problem with Zebra Danios before, and would my course of medication ( Maracyn Two and MelaFix ) be strong and adequate enough to treat whatever illness my danio is going thru???

Please let me know, I wont get home till late today but I'll be stopping by Petsmart to pick up the medications, any other medication you guys suggest to use with or besides the Maracyn Two & MelaFix???

The hole is kinda deep, so please help me out, dont want to loose my friend One Eye Lucky... hope his luck hold true! :(

Thanks to all in advance!

Your course of action sounds good to me. Melafix will help regardless. Maracyn Two will help kill any bacteria that could be eating at him.

Best of luck.

Thank you Devilish!
I'll procced with my course of action! Just moving him out of the main tank seem to have help already. I did my first application of Maracyn Two last night, Ill had the MelaFix and Maracyn Two second dosages today.

Thank you again

Back
Top Bottom