Hospital Tank question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Karmachica

Aquarium Advice Regular
I know you should always a hospital/quarantine tank in case you need to remove sick or wounded fish. My question though, how do all if you keep this tank? Should it be cycled and ready at all times in case it's needed? Or do you just keep an extra empty tank handy and then do a quick setup if its needed?
I just thought this would be the best place to get opinions and facts regarding this. Thanks in advance for any feedback! :)

I keep a sponge filter running in a tank that has fish with it. Then if I need to QT, I set up with QT tank and pull the sponge filter over. Then you don't need to worry about cycling.

I have a hospital tank - it's a small 19 litre tank and its cycled - you can fishless cycle it by using ammonia or fish food. Personally I would cycle it. If you urgently need to put a sick fish in the tank it's better that it is a cycled tank. It should only take a few weeks to cycle it. That's what I did anyway and I've had two fish that I saved using it. I keep dropping food in to keep the filter ticking over.

Back
Top Bottom