Houston... I have a problem.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Homedog98

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok, very fat black skirt... Abnormally fat compared to the others... Eats fine, schools with the others, isn't floating or anything... Didn't notice it until tonight, but i don't think it's been like that long. I'll post pics tonight... Any ideas? I was thinking bloat or carrying eggs... I'm stumped on this one lol.

If the fish is eating you can generally cross off Bloat, a swollen stomach is one of last symptoms of the disease, prior to that is reclusive behavior, not eating or spitting food, and stringy white pooh and kills in around a week or so. I would guess overfeeding initially, you've been around long enough I don't need to know your water chemistry.

HUKIT said:
If the fish is eating you can generally cross off Bloat, a swollen stomach is one of last symptoms of the disease, prior to that is reclusive behavior, not eating or spitting food, and stringy white pooh and kills in around a week or so. I would guess overfeeding initially, you've been around long enough I don't need to know your water chemistry.

But how could it be overfeeding if it's only one? And now that I watch, it seems there's 2 with it. The 2nd one isn't as fat. Should I separate, or see if it is eggs? The fatter one is one of the newer ones, and the not as fat one is one of the originals... If it helps any.

Homedog98 said:
But how could it be overfeeding if it's only one? And now that I watch, it seems there's 2 with it. The 2nd one isn't as fat. Should I separate, or see if it is eggs? The fatter one is one of the newer ones, and the not as fat one is one of the originals... If it helps any.

Well it could be over feeding, schooling fish always have a pecking order. That could just be the most dominant one?

Predfan27 said:
Well it could be over feeding, schooling fish always have a pecking order. That could just be the most dominant one?

I somehow doubt it. The 3 originals are the dominant ones... They all get about an equal amount of food though.

Houston this is base it seems the cause of the problem could be that they have fishie constipation try fasting and feed peas (thawed and de-shelled but im sure you know that )

xxwolfpackof1xx said:
Houston this is base it seems the cause of the problem could be that they have fishie constipation try fasting and feed peas (thawed and de-shelled but im sure you know that )

Lol. Good idea! Can't hurt. I'm also due for my weekly PWC... I'll see if they spawn Afterwords.

Here are the pics:

Attachments

• image-3838163165.jpg
    image-3838163165.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 86
  • image-840493618.jpg
    image-840493618.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 83
  • image-3236122258.jpg
    image-3236122258.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 93
Ok... I think it might actually be overeating. I fed the peas and it ate almost half if the ones I put in!!! So I'm guessing feed less?

Back
Top Bottom